There are two ways of working working with bookings in the Cinode planner:
- Preliminary booking on a role: This type of booking is used to assign a suitable person to a project early on in the sales process, but no definitive decision has been made yet.
- Definitive booking on a role: This type of booking is used when it is decided that a specific person is going to be assigned to a project.
By starting early with preliminary bookings, you can make sure that there are available people that are a match for a future project. When the decision is made to assign one or more people to a project, you just update the status on the role from preliminary to definitive.
The preliminary booking is calculated from three variables:
- Probability that your company will win a project. This is registered on a project level. For more information, please see
- The defined probability for a specific step in the sales pipe. For more information, please see:
- The extent of the role in the project. For more information, please see
Making a preliminary booking for a role
1. Click on a project and create a role.
2. Fill in the information about the role, such as title, start/end date and the extent of the role.
3. Select a person to book.
4. Under "Type of booking" select "Preliminary" and click Save.
5. Saved preliminary bookings in Cinode are indicated by a blue bar: