Cinode do not use any integrated system constraints of insertment of skills. The reasoning is that Cinode does not want to limit it’s skill register, but instead open up possibilities to find hidden skills. In turn, this gives a very flexibel and dynamic solution no matter what industry you are prominent in or what skill inventory strategy you use. However, the system’s flexibility puts a larger responsibility on you as a customer to keep a structured skill register and to provide your employees with clear instructions of how your specific organization wants to work with skills.
För att arbeta effektivt med sin kompetenstaggning krävs ett antal ställningstaganden:
To work effectively with your skill tagging, some positions have to be taken:
- How are we going to assess what skill is important to insert in the system, what is our goal?
- How do we want to work with the statistics Cinode offers and in what context will we use the skill inventory for help? If so, what information do we need to extract? Cinode is, for example, an effective tool when it comes to request recuirements for purchases regarding skills and skill levels. See article of how to use skill tags.
- Do we want to work with skill tagging freely or shall we use a taxonomy that showcases the organization’s skills, and what are we to measure? If so, how will we decide what our key skills are?
- How general or specific do we want the consultant to be? Some skills have both a wide definition and a more specific one, e.g. MS Office or Word, Excel, etc. Do we want our consultants to tag e.g. both Java and Java ME or just Java ME?
- How strict shall we be with the skill gradation? In what purpose shall the grading be used? What gradation scale shall we use? Cinode’s produced gradation from Kammalogiet’s definitions or our own? How do we validate skill levels?
- What skill tag is important to match the correct skill?
- What skill is relevant to showcase in the consultant profiles? Remember that if the skill is tagged in a different language, e.g. Swedish while using a differnt primary language (English), the tag will be showed in Swedish in the profile. Therefore you should remember to tag skills in the correct language.
Cinode’s skill categories
Cinode categorizes skills. When a new skill is added to the system, it is categorized and linked together with a master synonym if there is one. The categories available in Cinode are standard and can not be changed.